Why video conferencing plus a virtual learning platform are a critical combination
An online learning platform functions as a basic foundation for e-learning for organizations. On their own, e-learning platforms provide an efficient means of organizing and delivering training and other education programs. E-learning platforms house course materials and content plus handle administration, registration, and other related tasks.
A tool with a feature rich video conferencing platform adds another dynamic to virtual learning that allows your organization to offer more robust and comprehensive capabilities to training and education programs.
“There is opportunity for organizations to utilize learning management systems and the technology of the virtual classroom to improve employee training for not only HR and staffing requirements, but also for education on IT systems, software and services,” according to Allen Drennan, Principal and CTO of Lumicademy. “The use of live interactive elements allows the training to reach beyond the physical location and include all employees across an organization.”
When organizations enhance their virtual learning with a secure video conferencing platform, they can offer additional benefits such as:
- Ability to offer hybrid learning for teams. For example, organizations can combine self-paced instruction using pre-made content with live video sessions.
- Enhance their training and education capabilities to include live, synchronous instructor-led sessions.
- Create opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, collaboration with interactive whiteboarding and document sharing, along with live text chat, and face to face discussions.
- In a remote-only learning environment, secure video conferencing provides a face-to-face component to learning that is critical for student success.
When considering video conferencing solutions, selecting a secure low-code tool provides additional advantages that allow your organization to enhance a virtual learning platform, including the ability to deliver solutions more quickly and with more flexibility.
Advantages of low-code tools
Forrester describes low-code tools as software platforms that “employ visual, declarative techniques instead of traditional lines of programming. Both developers and non-developers can use these products, and they require less training to start.” Because low-code software platforms use features such as drag-and-drop, templates, and APIs, it’s possible for non-developers and other business users to deliver business applications without needing to write code by hand.
ZD Net discussed the benefits of low-code tools in a recent overview, noting that “Low-code solutions, typically target users with some development experience, or developers needing to quickly build apps, employing visual development environments and automated linkages to back-end systems, databases, web services, or APIs. No-code solutions take this abstraction a step further, introducing visual drag-and-drop interfaces that involve no coding at all.
Implementing low-code software offers a number of advantages for organizations. Most significantly, low-code tools are making it possible for organizations to expand their digital transformation efforts more quickly as low-code software speeds up the pace of business application delivery.
Other benefits of low-code tools include:
- Low-code can lower cost and save resources because there is less strain on in-house IT resources when low-code tools are incorporated.
- Faster transformation because software can be delivered more quickly with low-code tools that feature pre-built models and integrations, and APIs
- More flexibility as teams other than IT can have some involvement with low-code platforms, including non-developer business users, or “citizen developers.”
How a low-code video conferencing platform allows for easier integration with virtual learning platforms
Low-code video conferencing software allows organizations to bring a live video component to their virtual learning programs quickly and efficiently.
With low-code video conferencing tools, seamless and manageable integrations with other digital tools are possible. Choosing a low-code video conferencing platform allows organizations to quickly set up video conferencing capabilities that integrate with their virtual learning platform or learning management system (LMS).
Some additional advantages of low-code video conferencing software are:
- The use of pre-built models and functionality in low-code tools allows the organization to produce a working solution quickly and efficiently.
- High quality low-code video conferencing will enable multiple integrations to other digital tools.
- Allow organizations to customize the solution to meet their needs and preferences for your organization’s needs.
- Using vendor-developed components provides better user experiences.
Why choose Lumicademy’s low-code platform
Lumicademy’s low-code video conferencing platform solution offers security and functionality as its key features. Its low-code seamless integrations cover all aspects of users, meeting sessions, device control, sharing content and more.
Additional advantages of the Lumicademy platform include:
- Customization – Lumicademy provides the ability to customize user experience.
- Consumable by developers using widely accepted standards such as Swagger and OpenAPI, that allows for easy integration through use of a powerful API ecosystem.
- Every aspect of the Lumicademy solution can be managed via APIs, with granular control down to the end-user device level.
- Uses latest OAuth/2 models for both client to server security as well as server-to-server security.
- True transport layer security (TLS) up to the current standards of TLS 1.3. For voice communications we implement the DTLS standard
- Integrations with leading LMS and other digital platforms including:
- LMS – Moodle, Canvas, LTI
- Communication – Slack
- Sales – HubSpot
- Workflow Automation – Zapier
Learn how to evaluate low-code solutions to advance and expand distance learning programs in our Guide to Low-Code Software Tools for Building a Better Distance Learning Program. Download your copy today!