Low-code tools: Good options for organizations
Low-code tools are taking hold in a variety of industries and sectors. As enterprise organizations look to expand their digital transformation efforts, the demand for low-code solutions is rising. One main reason that low-code tools are gaining attention, is their ability to allow organizations to deliver business applications and improvements much more quickly than traditional code-intensive software.
Gartner, which originated the term “low-code,” is projecting continued growth in the use of low-code tools. In a recent announcement on worldwide low-code development, Gartner noted, “Digital business acceleration is putting pressure on IT leaders to dramatically increase application delivery speed and Time to Value. The increased demand for custom software solutions in support of digital transformation has sparked the emergence of citizen developers outside of IT, which, in turn, has influenced the rise in low-code.”
Along with low-code development platforms, Gartner is also seeing demand trends for SaaS and PaaS solutions that incorporate low-code development technologies, recently stating, “All of the major software-as-a-service (SaaS) vendors currently provide capabilities that incorporate low-code development technologies. As SaaS grows in popularity, and these vendors’ platforms are increasingly adopted, the low-code market will see commensurate growth in LCAPs and process automation tooling.”
Organizations need to evaluate features and benefits of low-code tools before making a decision on which platform or solution to implement, from functionality, versatility, and security perspectives.
Look for key features when evaluating low-code tools
Low-code software uses a visual approach to business application development and incorporates certain functionalities that allow developers and non-developers to launch software quickly. Software platforms based on a low-code development foundation offer capabilities that allow organizations to accelerate their digital transformation efforts, in areas from business applications, client services, and UX.
By using low-code tools, organizations can deliver applications at a much greater speed because these solutions eliminate the need to have developers write all of the necessary code by hand.
Before selecting low-code platforms or solutions, organizations should make sure that the software incorporates certain features and provides specific benefits, including the following:
- Visual interfaces and out-of-the-box functionality, specifically drag-and-drop features that allow for ease of use
- Versatility. Look for components or templates that can be easily duplicated
- Demonstrated significant time savings. Low-code tools should be able to deliver applications at a much more accelerated rate compared with hand-coding
- Ability to customize the software to meet the needs of your organization
- Seamless integration with other digital tools and technology your organization uses or needs
- Incorporate pre-built connectors and APIs
It’s also crucial to make sure that the low code tools you’re selecting are secure and compliant with industry standards. Lumicademy CEO Allen Drennan recently cautioned, “As with any 3rd party API integration you are entirely dependent upon the vendor security implementation when combining various solutions into a unified product or service. If they don’t take security seriously, and many do not, you could end up leaving other parts of your overall solution exposed to risk because of a security weakness in another area.”
Lumicademy’s secure low-code video conferencing solution
Lumicademy’s low-code platform solution includes features that allow organizations to enhance their virtual learning and training easily and securely. Lumicademy’s video platform provides:
- Seamless integration with other digital tools including industry-leading LMS such as Moodle and Canvas. Lumicademy incorporates integration with connectors and APIs
- Integrates with Zapier and over 3000 apps, such as business and communications apps including HubSpot and Slack
- Allows for full customization and branding of app to meet each organization’s needs
In addition, Lumicademy’s low-code video conferencing uses a true secure approach that meets the highest industry standards, including:
- Latest OAuth/2 models for both client to server security as well as server-to-server security
- All communications: TLS 1.2 (transport layer security) and comply with industry standards for certificates and encryption keys
- Hashing using current accepted standards with HMAC, with strong security rules on passwords such as requiring 2FA if they interact directly with your customer accounts
Download our Buyer’s Guide to Low-code Tools and learn how to enhance your organization’s virtual learning capabilities.