Last Updated: June 24, 2019
Information We Collect
1. What You Directly Provide Us
2. What You Automatically Provide Us When You Use Our Services
Because Lumicademy is about direct communications with people you know, there is some information we collect automatically when you access our Services which we use to facilitate the broad range of communications offered through our Services:
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, the recipient of a message.
- Content Information. We may retain information and content you provide to our Services. For example, we retain shared documents and materials for conferences.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the rare event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services, such as the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- Website Log Information. When you use the Lumicademy website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your Account, the Account you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use the Lumicademy Service, our servers log certain general information that our application sends whenever a message is sent or received, or if you update or request any status information, including time and date stamps and the mobile phone numbers the messages were sent from and to.
3. The Information Lumicademy Does Not Collect
4. Information We Collect When You Contact Us
How We Use Information
Where Information Is Processed and Data Security
The Services are hosted, controlled, and offered by Lumicademy from its facilities in the United States of America, and are governed by U.S. law. Lumicademy makes no representations that the Lumicademy Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Lumicademy Services from outside the United States of America do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law. If you are a user accessing the Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from those of the United States, please be advised that through your continued use of the Services, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
Lumicademy uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Lumicademy and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured Wi-Fi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Lumicademy Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, Lumicademy makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Lumicademy learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Lumicademy may post a notice on the Lumicademy Site or through the Lumicademy Service if a security breach occurs.
How We Share Information
- We share messages to other Lumicademy users who you specifically communicate with.
- We share your Public Submissions, including selfies, photos, your display name and other user content that you provide with other Lumicademy users who you interact with on the Services.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. As an example: Because it’s not always clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Lumicademy friends in common without disclosing the usernames of those common friends.
The Services may also contain third-party links provided by another company. By going to those links, you may be providing personal information directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
Otherwise, you affirm that you are either at least 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms. In addition, you affirm that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Services and do not have more than one Lumicademy Account.